Non Lead Flashing
* Dutch language only
Together with the company Ubbink B.V., part of the Centrotec Group, Bitufa developed a
non-lead flashing material which can be used in all applications where lead is traditionally
installed. The product is called Ubiflex. Ubiflex is environmentally friendly, non-toxic
and recyclable. Ubiflex can be bought with Ubbink.
- Ubiflex is 80% lighter than lead - giving handling, structural and health and safety advantages.
- Ubiflex is up to 50% quicker to install than lead, is fully malleable, can be worked in both directions and is selfsealing if punctured.
- Ubiflex is not susceptible to thermal movement. Aprons up to 12m long can be formed without seams or expansion joints.
- There is less wastage with Ubiflex than with traditional materials.
- Ubiflex is compatible with all common building materials and components, such as thermal panels, extract flues, ventilators and rooflights.
- Ubiflex does not cause unsightly staining.
- Ubiflex is only of value to the installer; it has no re-sale value as scrap.
Ubiflex is the only flexible flashing system available on the market with a BBA Certificate. It is also approved by the NHBC and Zurich Insurance.
Recent wind tunnel testing at BRE on a Ubiflex flashing surrounding a chimney and sealed with Ubiflex Gap-Seal demonstrated that the flashing will resist wind speeds of at least 49m/s (110mph) without failing.
Copies of the BBA Certificate, BRE wind tunnel test, installation instructions and health & safety data sheets are available from Ubbink or as pdf's from our website.
- Ubiflex non-lead flashing
- Ubbink High-Tack sealant for sealing down to tiles, slates & overlap joints
- Ubbink Ubi-Seal for sealing down to tiles, slates & overlap joints
- Ubiflex fixing clips for easier fixing in mortar joints
- Ubiflex Gap-Seal sealant for sealing mortar joints
Click here to find the recycling and environmental statement