Flexobit underground waterproofing
Tanking and water-protection of underground structures by bituminous membrane.
Flexobit can easily be applied on the concrete substrate by torching the overlap or complete membrane. The composition of the product provides a durable adhesion, even on uneven structures.
Because the product has no reinforcement, it automatically configures to the surface (without cutting). Therefore it is very suitable for making expansion joints, recesses and corners such as pileheads.Application is up to 20% faster than applying products which contain reinforcement.
- 1000% elongation with full recovery
- No reinforcement inside the membrane
- High penetration resistance
- Self healing after puncturing
- Easy anchoring and joining to concrete structures
- Takes any shape without need for cutting
- 3D mouldable, which makes detailing work (corners, piles etc.) safe and fast
- Easy application: once unrolled, the overlap can be immediately sealed by propane torch
- No fillers added to the compound
- Over 30 years proven technology
Video Flexobit Underground Waterproofing
Application Flexobit Expansion Joints
The Flexobit joint system is used as an expansion joint waterproofing system, ensuring the continuity of the waterproofing between different structures as well vertical than horizontal. The considerable elasticity and flexibility of this product permits its using for: roof garden, non accessible roofs, accessible roofs (like pedestrians and light vehicles) and various applications. Application:
The Flexobit joints can be applied using hot air or torch. On concrete decks, it is advise to apply a layer of waterbased primer before applying the Flexobit.
1. Covering layer of FLEXOWALL waterproofing layer, or other suitable membrane/liquid for exposed applications.
2. Flexobit joint, to be applied on primed concrete
3. PE profile
One layer of 5mm Flexobit, is superior to two or more layers of reinforced membranes
Please click here for some references.
Downloads Flexobit Underground
- > Download PDFMaterial Safety Data Sheet (EN)
- > Download PDFTechnical Data Sheet Flexobit (EN)
- > Download PDFFlexobit Brochure (EN)
- > Download PDFTechnical Drawings (EN)
- > Download PDFExpansion Joint detail drawing (EN)
- > Download PDFFlexobit Covenant KIWA (EN)
A homogeneous SBS elastomeric bituminous 5mm thick non reinforced membrane with no fillers such as FLEXOBIT by BITUFA WATERPROOFING BV THE NETHERLANDS
For more information on specific product recommendations and limitation please contact your Flexobit representative.